Get ready TEXAS ... It's time to VOTE!
Yes, "Election Day" is November 6th but did you know that EARLY VOTING in Texas and in 36 other states actually starts tomorrow, October 22nd?!? Any qualified voter may cast a ballot in person during a designated period prior to Election Day and doesn't need to provide an excuse or justification as to why they are Early Voting.
So why do 37 states have Early Voting? It's really a Win - Win for both the voters and the polling places! By spreading voting over a longer time period, Early Voting shortens the wait times and stress for both on the days leading up to Election Day and on Election Day itself. You do however have to vote in the County that you reside in.
In Texas, registered voters have 12 days and 2 are actually on a Saturday and Sunday! The dates for Early Voting are: Monday, October 22, 2018 through November 2, 2018. The hours for Early Voting varies per the location. To find out your Voting Location and the hours for Early Voting, click on the link below for your specific County in the DFW Metroplex.
- Dallas County: https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/early-voting-information/
- Collin County: https://www.collincountytx.gov/elections/election_information/Pages/early_voting.aspx
- Rockwall County: https://www.rockwallvotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Nov2018Schedule.pdf
- Kaufman County: https://www.kaufmancounty.net/elections/about/
- Tarrant County: http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Early-Voting-Schedule-Locations-and-Maps.html